CRM Law logo


020 8661 1177

phone icon 8503439_29x29 twitter 8619834_30x30
we can help draw up prenuptial civil partnership agreements we can advise on places where you can enter into a civil partnership legally

Civil partnerships

Do I have the same rights as a heterosexual married couple?

Same sex couples can now legally register their relationship as a civil partnership giving them the same benefits and rights as a heterosexual married couple. Many people have already taken this step. We are happy to advise our clients on the formalisation of their partnership.

Within a civil partnership you have a similar position and access to tax, benefits, pensions, inheritance and immigration just as a married couple do. Children born of either partner are treated as children of your family and the non-biological parent's relationship to the children is recognised.

What can CRM Law do for me?

We can advise you on all the implications involved with a civil partnership and draw up a pre-nuptial agreement if required. You will need to do this at least 3 weeks before the ceremony takes place. We can also act on your behalf should the relationship break down by assisting you through the legal process of Civil Partnership Dissolution.


We can also advise you in all matters relating to civil partnerships and the care of your children, whether that means mediation or representing you in court.

If you are looking to register a civil partnership call us on

020 8661 1177

Entering a civil partnership

A couple cannot enter into a civil partnership just anywhere. There are certain offices where the registration can take place including hotels, restaurants and prestigious buildings.

call our team on 0202 86611177